I finally had some time to sit down and wrestle through the uniquely vague sewing instructions provided by Butterick for my new petticoat. I will not hide the fact that I was forced to consult YouTube, various online sewing glossaries, as well as other blogs and reviews of this pattern in search of clarification. I like to think I figured it all out…
Having all the pieces cut, I began to sew together the 14 feet of fabric for the petticoat. Ha, so much fabric!
Then comes the marking and pleating… so much pleating! I only pricked myself once and for that I am both surprised and happy.
After the million folds and pins I did some basting stitches and just like that I’ve got a lovely pleated thing that resembles a petticoat! Stay tuned for Part Two!