I’ve felt bad for neglecting my dress, so I decided to do the steps that I’ve been reluctant to do, either because I was afraid I wouldn’t know how or because I didn’t look forward to the time/concentration commitment. I finally made up the piping to go around the shoulders and neck, and just sat down an accepted that there’s still a great deal that has to be sewn by hand. I made a really big coffee and got to work.
I’ll mention here that another reason I made a push to finish off the more tricky steps is finding the photo below. It was a great inspiration to see a dress from the period that will look extremely similar to the one I’m making.